Studietur til Japan i september og oktober 2008
Det japanske utenriksdepartmentet inviterer ungdom i Norge og resten av Europa på studietur til Japan denne høsten. Formålet er å styrke samarbeidet mellom Japan og de europeiske land. Søknadsfrist: 2. juni 2008.
Invitasjonsteksten fra den japanske ambassade:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan invites young Europeans to participate in a ten-day group study tour of Japan in September or October 2008 respectively.
The purpose of the tour in the short term is to inspire an enduring interest in Japan by giving participants an introduction to Japan that touches on politics, the economy, culture, society etc. It is hoped that in the longer term, the deeper understanding of Japan gained by the participants of this tour will encourage them to contribute to the strengthening of ties between Japan and European countries in the future.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
Be a national of one of the following countries:
- Andorra (application to the Japanese Embassy in France), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus (to the Embassy in Greece), Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein (to the Embassy in Switzerland), Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta (to the Embassy in Italy), Monaco (to the Embassy in France), the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino (to the Embassy in Italy), Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, the United Kingdom.
- Be aged 18-35 as of 1st June 2008
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Applicants must have never been to Japan and must have no plans to visit Japan in the near future
- Applicants must be enthusiastic, sociable and well suited to participating in group activities
Date of Tour
(Please note that successful applicants cannot decide which group they will participate in.)
Group A: 23rd September - 3rd October 2008
Group B: 21st October - 31st October 2008
Number of Participants
60 people in total (30 people in each group)
-Experiencing cultural, economic and political aspects of Japan from both traditional and modern perspectives through lectures, visits and hands-on experiences
-Discussions with Japanese youth
-Visits to regional cities across Japan
-Stay with a host family
Applications should include (1) CV (2) a cover letter and (3) a short essay (one page on A4-sized paper, single-spaced) in English on one of the following titles:
A. What do you think when you hear the word "Japan" or "Japanese"?
B. If you had the chance to have a discussion with a Japanese person, which subject would you like to talk about? And what is your opinion on that subject?
C. “What has Japan contributed within a field in which you have specialised?
Norwegian applicants are requested to send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 2 June 2008.
For further information regarding this study tour please contact: email@example.com
Les også om
Hvorfor delta på Aktiv Ungdom-kurs
Dra på kurs!
BTM - Gruppeutveksling for nybegynnere, Kypros 16. - 20. september
Kurs: Appetiser, Aktiv Ungdom for nybegynnere, Storbritannia 11. - 15. september
APPETISER, Polen, 9.-13.oktober
SOHO For EVS sender- og vertsorganisasjoner, Latvia 16.-20. oktober
Kurs: One 2 one. Supporting learning face-to-face, Bulgaria 2. - 8. september
Kurs: The Topsy Turvy Learning Experience, Tyskland 18.-24. november
BTM - Gruppeutveksling for nybegynnere Irland 27. november. - 1. desember
Outdoor brings more, Slovenia 18. - 24. august
ECTC - European Citizenship in Youth Work, Storbritannia, 23.-29. september
Kurs:TICTAC - lær å lage kurs for ungdomsarbeidere, Frankrike 7. - 13. oktober
Kurs: BTM - Gruppeutveksling for nybegynnere, Kroatia 23. -27. oktober